Working on our next summer offering these last few months has been particularly inspiring for me. As the MOOI brand goes from strength to strength, we now have the benefit of a team of dedicated sampling staff during the production process, as well as access to custom making our materials. This is super exciting and has opened up many more creative doors for our designs!
Vashti Uys, head designer and founder of MOOI was recently interviewed by NZ Girl about all things fashion. We’ve included some of the highlights below, visit NZ Girl to read the full interview!
What are your top 5 essential wardrobe items?
- Black leather biker jacket – Mine is a retro GA with gold detail. I have had this forever and it is getting better and better with time as all good quality leather items do. It goes perfectly with my signature monochromatic, relaxed style, and it’s one of the best day to night pieces I own, you can’t go past a great quality, leather jacket, like handbags, they’re an investment piece.
- Great fitting cotton tees – I love the Bassike range, super soft and the cuts work really well for me. They are cool, comfy and travel well and keep their shape well too.
- Stylish Shades – I never leave home without my sunnies. A fantastic, well-fitted pair of sunglasses make me feel complete. At the moment, I am favouring my solid black framed Dita’s.
- Denim is everything – I love it!!! In summer, I favour denim shorts and soft denim dresses. My number one go-to item is jeans and fit/cut is everything. I love my Sass + Bide boyfriend cut for casual and always take my Rag+Bone pair wherever I go.
- Trainers! White or cream –they fit into my monochromatic and good neutrals wardrobe perfectly! I love New Balance and Le Coq Sportif – super comfy and stylish.
What is the one statement piece you own and LOVE, or would LOVE to own?
One of my latest statement pieces purchased is a black Zimmerman dress from their resort 14/15 range. The cut and fabric are fabulous and I love it and just wearing it makes me smile!
To read more, visit http://www.nzgirl.co.nz/